I think that “Me Time” is just one of the best things in life! It’s a chance to take a small break from all the “Have to’s,” and indulge yourself in the “Want to’s” in your life. I try to take two long weekends a year to fully indulge myself (as much as possible) in being completely self focused. What kind of things happen during “Me Time” you ask? This is a highly individualistic endeavor but this weekend I will try to accomplish the following:
- I want to finish all the painting projects that I have started in our home. This will include the bedroom, bathroom, hallway, living room, & dinning room chairs.
- I will rearrange the furniture in my house.
- Do some major spring cleaning which will involve getting rid of any items that have been unused in the past 2 years.
- I will not cook, answer my phone, or my door for the next 4 days.
- I will listen to my favorite music, sing loudly, and probably dance naked through my house.
- I will watch some movies that I’ve been wanting to see.
- I will drink coffee at midnight, and sleep in as much as I want.
Do you see all the “I’s” in that list? That is what makes it officially “Me Time!” My guys are off for their camping trip, that’s what they do for their “Me Time.” We all work so hard in our every day lives, doing so many selfless tasks. We all deserve to take some time to just do the things we never seem to have time for in our daily routines. It’s amazing how much more refreshed you feel when you give yourself the same energy you so lovingly give to others on a daily basis.
Do you hear that? That’s my favorite jam playing in the background. My feet are just waiting to get up, and dance to that sound, even though it means putting this delicious coffee down. Come on what are you waiting for? Dance, sing, eat ,drink, and take some time just for yourself! I’m off these feet will wait no more! 😉